Saturday, May 29, 2010

My "Mother's Week"

Instead of one day of celebration for Mother's day, Eric surprised me with an entire week of fun for what he called "Mother's Week"
~
The first day he made me a slideshow about why he loved me. It had pictures of me with him and my cute little boys. The background music was David Archuleta's song "Crush." It is so cute. I wanted to add it to this post, but we couldn't figure out how to get it to upload.
~
The second day I went to get a chemical peel done on my face, and while I was there Eric dropped off these flowers for me to be surprised with when I came out! So sweet!!!
~
I was babysitting my cute little niece on the third day. When my sister in law dropped her off, she handed me my third gift. Eric and I had just been to Robert's crafts when I mentioned that I thought this picture puzzle was cute! He was so sweet to remember and pick it up for me!

~

Day four was probably the biggest surprise. Eric was home with me the entire day, and I had no clue when the next surprise would come. He told me he needed to take out the trash and then came back in with twizzlers! Yum! I thought that this was my surprise, but there was more. He then told me to put on my shoes while handing me the keys to the van. He proceeded to tell me a riddle that made me think I needed to go to one of our friend's homes. I ended up going to friends and family's homes for love notes and paper roses. At each stop I got a card which always instructed me to call Eric. He would give me another riddle sending me to the next home. When I got home Braxton ran up to me with a spa fountain! It is so soothing! Eric is so creative!

One stop was at my mom's house!
Another stop was at our family/friends the Petersen's This is a picture of all the cards and roses at the end
Me with my new fountain
~
Day five brought me this adorable picture frame. Eric said that we were going to get lunch and Jamba's. I went in to order the Jamba and when it was ready the girl handed me the frame too! I was so caught off guard! Eric is so sneaky!
~
I was supposed to work on day six, but was called off. Eric was going to have a plate of cookies sent up to me from food services to enjoy at work, but since I didn't go in we went to Lagoon instead. When we got home this movie was on our bed! What a quick thinker! Eric text his brother to pick it up while we were out so that it would be ready for me! (P.S. Eric still had the cookies sent up to me when I worked my next shift!)
~
The seventh day/Mother's Day sent me on another scavenger hunt. Eric placed little notes around the house and in his car that led me to my gift under our bed. He wrote me the sweetest note and gave me chocolates. Yummy!
It was such a fun week. Eric is so thoughtful. He is constantly trying to do things for me. I am so blessed to have him in my life! Thank you for the fun week and past 4 1/2 years! I love you babe!

8 comments:

Ellingson's said...

you're so lucky! eric is such a sweetie!

The Adventures of April said...

Wow! talk about an amazing week!!! Guys should be taking lessons from you Eric!! Dee, you are such a lucky girl!! So fun to read this! Romance isn't dead after all!!!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

What a sweet husband. I wish Jeff would do cute things like that! I would love it! :) P.S. I love your new family picture at the top of your blog! It is darling!

Chaleese said...

Oh my goodness! You have the most thoughtful husband in the world! That was seriously the cutest thing EVER!!! I loved reading it!! I am so glad you have such a wonderful man, I always knew that whoever married you had to be a very special guy to get you. I love you!!!

Amy Whitley said...

That is so sweet of Eric!! You totally deserve it though Dee Dee. You guys are so great :)

Ludlows said...

That is so sweet! What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an exciting week! :) So adorable! Love you guys! :)

Natster said...

Dee Dee!
I know that I am behind the times, but your blog isn't private anymore!!! Yay, I am so happy to see that you guys are doing well. Your little boys are so handsome!
You guys are just great! Take care.
♥ Nat