Thursday, January 22, 2009

To My Dad

This past weekend we had quite the scare. On Sunday the 18th we were over visiting at my dad's home. After dinner we were all relaxing and Eric and my dad were visiting. My dad had laid down on the floor, and Eric thought he was going to take a nap (my dad can sleep any where), when my dad suddenly "fell asleep" (or so we thought). Eric thought that my dad was teasing and asked if he were ok. My dad wouldn't respond. My step mom noticed the confused look on Eric's face and went straight to my dad and started asking him if he were ok. Still no response. She turned to me and told me to call 911. My step sister ended up getting the ambulance to the home while we sat with my dad. Eric and my brother in law gave my Dad a blessing. My dad had began responding to us a little bit before the paramedics came, but was very slow to respond and seemed confused. He was taken to Ogden Regional, where they did many different tests and found nothing. However, they feel that he had a TIA, or also known as a mini stroke. We are just so grateful that he is ok and also grateful for the power of the priesthood. I am so happy that my dad is still with us. All of our prayers were answered that day! What a great blessing! We love you dad!

16 comments:

Chaleese said...

Dee! I am so sorry! I am so glad he is alright! I love your Dad! I hope you are too! I love you my friend!!!

Tawna said...

How scary but I'm glad he is alright! Hopefully everything is okay with him and there are no more scares like this. Let me know if you need anything

The Littlefields said...

That is SO scary! I'm glad that he is ok. It's sad when stuff like this happens, but we gain a better perspective after a scare. I hope he continues to improve.

Ludlows said...

I love the power of the Priesthood, it is so amazing. I am glad you and your family are okay. Loves

Angie said...

That's so scary! I'm so glad he's ok! Isn't the priesthood amazing?! Hope he continues to get better.

Heidi said...

Oh I'm sorry! How scary! I remember almost losing my dad! I'm so glad he is ok and that all of you were there when it happened rather than him being alone!

Side note - those pictures on the side of Jayden are AMAZING!!! What a doll!!!

Amy said...

How scary! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he gets well soon!

Amy said...

I'm glad your dad is going to be OK. a couple of months ago I was talking to my dad on the phone when he did the same thing and it ended up also being a TIA. It was hard to be so far away and not being able to help. I hope all is well in the future!

McFamily said...

That is so scary! I am so glad that he is ok

Jeana said...

Glad to hear he is doing better now! That would've been so scary, I'm so sorry your family had to go through that. You're dad is in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you guys :)

Jeana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niels and Kayla said...

i love the new blog! Thanks for the update, i love keeping in touch with you guys, you boys are so precious!! And our breed of our puppies, are long hair chihauhaus haha they are so fun!! anyways take care!!

Niels and Kayla said...

Oh and im SO glad everything is ok now, that is so scary!!

Rachel of the Swamp said...

Dang it, tell your dad not to scare everyone like that! Love you, Uncle Buzz!

Anonymous said...

That was quite a scary moment. I'm glad he's doing better.

Jennifer Greenhalgh said...

Thanks, Eric, for thinking so quickly to give him a blessing! We know that's why everything turned out so well.