Monday, April 6, 2009

My first 5k

This is long overdue! Back in February I ran my first 5k race with my friend Tawna and her husband Erik. Tawna is the one that got me into running. I knew that I would be slow, but wanted to finish the race without walking. I was so excited! Although I came in 444th place, I met my goal and ran the entire way (very slowly, to where speed walkers would pass me!). As I was getting close to the finish line, Tawna came back and ran with me. She motivated me to run as fast as I could to the end. I was surprised that I could go any faster, but was able to for a very short distance. It was a wonderful experience and I met some great people that day. I will hopefully be able to run farther, but for now, I will just keep trying!
Eric met me at the finish line! He had been there to support me the whole time! It made me feel so good to have him there and for his support! And it was freezing outside! What a great husband!
Tawna and I

13 comments:

Dayna said...

That is awesome! Your 5k was probably harder than my 5k because you were running in the cold. You did GREAT!

Brett, Debbie, Taylor, Brylie and Haylee said...

WOW!! Dee Dee your Awesome! great job! I could never do that. Keep it up...

Chaleese said...

You are awesome my friend!!

Ludlows said...

Way to go Dee Dee!

Brent and Stacie said...

Good job Dee Dee! I hate running but admire all those who do it!

Amy said...

Good job Dee Dee! Way to meet your goal! Having just gotten into running myself over the past year I love to hear about others joining the racing world!

Amy Whitley said...

That's awesome Dee Dee!!!! Good job!!!

Gay Lynne said...

You're awesome! I'm very proud of you! You have so many talents!

Amy said...

Good Job! I hate running and I hate being cold so you running a 5K when its freezing outside that's awesome!

rickynkim said...

That's great...I need to start running! You will be my motivation! :)

Linetta said...

Way to go Dee Dee! It seems everyone around me is picking up the running bug BUT ME (not that my knees would be able to get me far anyway!). Great job! Keep up the great work!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I am thinking about doing a 5k one of these days! That is so awesome Dee Dee!;)

Allison and Darin said...

I have such respect... wow.