We had a great Christmas here in Texas. I was worried that we would all be completely home sick, but by using the web cam, talking to family on the phone, and visiting with my sister and her family, we actually had a fun time as our own little family. It was fun to get packages and Christmas cards in the mail! We always anticipated the mail coming; Eric told me it felt like being on a mission!
One night just before Christmas Eric bought a ginger bread house kit. The boys enjoyed eating the candy decorations and frosting more than putting the house together, so I had them each decorate a slab of the roof with m&m's. I think we made them too heavy because the house had a very difficult time standing! Eric says he is glad he is going to be a Funeral Director and not a builder because our house would not be safe to live in!
Christmas morning was exciting for us since both Braxton and Jayden understood that Santa was coming. Eric and I woke up first and could not wait to have the boys see their presents, so we woke them up! I know, it's usually the other way around, but it was fun!
Here are our stockings!
Next to the tree is a tray holding the half eaten cookies for Santa. Braxton loved leaving out the cookies and milk, and was even more excited to see that Santa actually ate them!
Braxton was so happy!
Braxton got both things he asked for; A panda pillow pet and a sword (The one from the movie Tangled!)
Jayden was so happy to see that he got a "Woody" toy. This kid loves the Toy Story movies!
The kitchen set was a last minute decision, but the boys love it! They always used the one at Grandma Moyes' so this made it feel a little more like home!
I wish I would've taken a few more pictures, but I was having so much fun watching the boys that I kept forgetting to take pictures! We hope that everyone had a great Christmas!
6 comments:
Christmas looks like so much fun at your place :) haha I bet it was so exciting especially since Braxton AND Jayden both understand the whole santa thing :) So glad you guys had a great Christmas! We missed you tons this year! Thanks for the update! Its always so good to hear from you! :) We love you lots!!
How fun To see all the fun things you did for christmas! Thank You so much for your post it help to feel close to you all! We love and miss you all!
Your boys are so dang cute!! Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I love seeing all the pics.
We miss you guys so bad! It was so fun to see you guys on the webcam! We need to do it again soon! Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! Love you all!
What a darling family! I can't wait to see your new little gal! Hope you are having fun in texas!
Looks like a fun Christmas... I am glad that you weren't too homesick. Isn't Skype great! I use it just about everyday with my mom... I think it is the only thing that is keeping me from getting homesick so much!
Love the kitchen! (Blakelee is getting one for her birthday today!) I remember playing with mine as a kid and loving it!
Your little guys are so darling!
Post a Comment