***
My family came to visit me. It was so fun to meet them. Especially my big brother Braxton. I know that I am taking away from his attention at home, but I hope he knows that I love him and already look up to him!
***
My first night really scared me and my parents. I tried to eat and learned that I didn't know how to breath at the same time. Mom and I were alone when I first learned this. She was still numb from the epidural and couldn't move, but tried to help me breath. Mom called to her nurse, who is also my great aunt, and dad saw that her call light was on and came running to mom's room. He got there before the Nurse or CNA and saw that I was blue, so he ran and got the CNA. I was lucky that she was fast because by the time she got to me I was completely blue and limp. I could tell that mom and dad were scared. They were crying. Everything happened so fast. Before I knew it, I was breathing again, but I was with the Nurse. They had to give me oxygen. That felt much better.
***
The next time mom tried to feed me I was hooked up to monitors to watch my oxygen levels. I still couldn't figure out how to breath and eat at the same time and so I was rushed back to the nursery again. I hated being away from mom and dad, but knew everything would be OK because mom and dad were always watching me from the window.
***
My doctor came in and decided that I needed to be watched more closely, so at about 1:00 in the morning was admitted to the NICU. My nurses were so nice. I had to be on monitors and have IVs in my head. I got antibiotics and nutrients through them to help me stay strong, and I was so brave.
***
My grandparents came in to see me, but Braxton couldn't come in because he was too young. It was always good to have visitors. I love being held. I gradually learned how to breathe and eat at the same time and got to go home on Saturday Oct. 25th! What a great day! Mom and Dad were so happy to finally have our family together! Here are some pictures from the time I was in the NICU.
Me in my isolette
12 comments:
Cute Post! Cute idea having it come from Jayden! Were sure glad he is doing so good! Were glad to have another Grand baby! There all so wonderful!
Cute idea Dee Dee! I am so glad that your little Jayden pulled through ok, that must have been so scary to go through! He is such a lucky little boy to have such an amazing mommy who loves him so much!
Oh I am so glad you are ok Jayden! I was worried about you! Your parents love you so much! I cannot wait to meet you!!
Great post! I loved reading it from Jayden's perspective. THat will be nice for him to read one day. I am glad that your family is doing great!
im so glad everything is okay! he is so perfect!
Oh how adorable - you had me in tears :) how precious - he is lucky to have such wonderful parents! I'm so happy for you two! HOpe I can meet him soon!
K can I just say that we have been there and done that and man it is not fun! Especially when you have one at home that needs you too! I am so glad everything is ok! He is beautiful! Congrats!
K can I just say that we have been there and done that and man it is not fun! Especially when you have one at home that needs you too! I am so glad everything is ok! He is beautiful! Congrats!
Oh my goodness, what a completely terrifying experience! There is nothing scarier than when you know your family or little ones are in trouble. I am SO happy that little Jayden is doing better and you are all home together. :) He is a handsome little boy!
i am soo glad everyone is doing well. that cute little post pretty much had me in tears! i know how terrifying it is to have your child ripped out of your hands knowing there is nothing you can do but hope and pray the doctors can help him.. you're little family is beautiful!!
That is so scary!! I'm glad he is doing well now!
You guys! I am glad everything worked out! I hope you are all adjusting and happy! Congratulations! Those are some very sweet pictures!
Post a Comment