Thursday, September 4, 2008

32 Week Check Up

Yesterday, the 3rd, I got to go with Braxton and my friend Jamie to my 32 week check up! Eric had to work and so was unable to come, so Jamie was so kind to come and help me with Braxton. As the time for the appointment was arriving, I was getting everything together and realized that I couldn't find the DVD that all of the ultrasounds are recorded on. I was so sad because this is the first time Eric didn't get to come and I wanted him to see the ultrasound. Well, unfortunately, I had to leave home without it. Then, while driving to the Dr's office, I had to stop at EVERY cross walk. Apparently there was an early out day that I hadn't been warned about! Then the road that I was on was under construction. Instead of having detour signs up there was a sign that said "Use Alternate Route"! I didn't know any alternate route and apparently neither did the cars I decided to follow! Gratefully, I was able to call the office and let them know I was on my way. I did end up finding a way there and got to keep my appointment! Good news is that Jaden/Jayden is now over 4 lbs and his heart is beating strong. My Dr says that if he continues to grow like he is, he may weigh around 7lbs 8oz when he is born! He is going to be much bigger than our little 5lb 14oz Braxton was! We are very excited, and are now on to our two week appointments! Ready or not, here he comes!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow that is so exciting! Was the doctors office able to make another DVD for you? And you STILL can't decide on the spelling, eh? I can't believe we're old enough to be PARENTS! And you're on # TWO already - weird! I'm so happy for the both of you.

Melissa said...

Those DR appointments are just so fun, especially when you get to see the little one each time you go. I'm guessing you go to Circle of Life? Glad to hear everything is going so well!

Carrie said...

Hey dee dee! I totally just came accross your blog and I thought I would say hi, this is Carrie in case you forgot the good ole' days at Winegars It looks like you are doing so great and you have such a cute family..you totally deserve the best your so awsome! Congrats to the newest addition thats so exciting!

Megan said...

YAY! Only a little bit longer! Braxton is gonna be such a cute big brother :)

Amy said...

Congrats on the 32 week mark! I loved being able to see my kids on the ultrasound! The next few weeks will probably fly by for you!

Kyle and Reesie said...

So awesome Dee Dee! We are so happy for your family! That is tough having all those obstacles in your way when you are trying to make an appointment. It always gave me comfort to go and hear our little boys heart beat. I am so glad that your little boy is growing healthy and strong! We can't wait to meet him!

Dayna said...

Wow, what a frustrating day. Have you found your DVD since then? I can't believe how big he is getting. I'm sad that I won't get to meet him until he is 2 months old:(

Chaleese said...

YAY!! You are almost dome!! Exciting but scary!! Yep that is how I felt too!!